Business Development Manager
Mode: Full Time – home or Coventry office based
The individual will be part of the SGIL team based at the Technology Park in Coventry and fills a critical role in achieving revenue targets for profitable business within the business plan. In addition to prospecting for new accounts, the BDM will also have an account management role within the existing client base.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver ‘action plans’ for generating new sales leads and prospects
- Generate sales that ensure attainment of company business plan revenue and profitability targets
- Initiate and coordinate the development of plans to penetrate specific markets
- Assist in the sales execution of marketing plans as required
- Create and deliver presentations
- Create and deliver competitive proposals within margin targets with team technical support
- Responsible for undertaking initial presentations and proposals to new and existing clients whilst maintaining ongoing relationships with existing client base
- Attend trade shows, conferences and exhibitions and building a client network as required to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Update and maintain CRM records in accordance with company policy including proposals, activities, proposal feedback, sales wins etc.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to senior management regarding sales performance
- Undertake such duties as may be specified from time to time by the Managing Director of SGIL
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the SGIL Equal Opportunities Policy and other policies designed to protect members of staff from harassment. The individual should also counteract such practice or behaviour by challenging or reporting it.
- Ensure compliance with Group policy on managing personal data
- Take all reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself, other people and resources
- Whilst at work, to comply with the SGIL Health and Safety Policy, Codes of Practice and local rules and regulations.